Looking for a quick and healthy breakfast that is sure to impress? Look no further than this breakfast frittata recipe. If you aren’t familiar with this dish, a frittata is basically a crustless quiche. Make this dish with any of your favorite vegetables, meats, and cheeses. And, this recipe can easily be tweaked to adapt to various food sensitivities or preferences. But, the best part is that it is foolproof. Absolutely no cooking skills required.
This frittata is adjustable to feed groups of every size. I usually allow 2 to 3 eggs per person and add my favorite ingredients. This is great stand alone or served with sides like toast or fruit.
Also, there are many health benefits of eating eggs. And, they are a great source of protein.
Healthy Breakfast Frittata Recipe
- 6 large eggs or 3 whole eggs and 3 egg equivalent in egg whites
- 1/4 large red pepper
- 3 asparagus spears
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of cubed or shredded cheese – harvarti aged cheddar
- a few basil leaves
- diced fresh tomatoes
- pinch of salt
- a few cracks of pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Crack eggs in bowl large enough for eggs and the other ingredients.
- Beat the eggs.
- Chop all of your veggies and meats into similar sized pieces.
- Cube or shred the cheese.
- Add all of the ingredients to the beaten eggs and stir.
- Coat the pie plate or casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Pour all of the egg mixture in the baking dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool off for a few minutes, slice and serve.
- This recipe is very flexible. You can make it with a variety of ingredients. It’s a great way to use up leftovers or just to use up what you have in the fridge.
- The ratio of eggs to other ingredients should be approximately 1:1.
- It is gluten free and can be made to accommodate a vegetarian diet.
- If you are going to add meat, I suggest pre-cooking.
Finally, if you are entertaining and looking for more options, below are links to some of our other tasty recipes.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.