This candied peppered bacon recipe is really easy to make. No fancy tools or real cooking skills required. The best part, only 4 ingredients needed.
The recipe produces bacon that is perfectly sweet, but with a kick. It makes a great addition to any charcuterie board, a fancy alternative to regular bacon for breakfast. Heck, it’s really good on its own.
Be warned, it is highly addicting. This candied peppered bacon has become one of our go-to recipes when entertaining. And, it impresses every time. Go ahead, give it a try!
Candied Peppered Bacon
- 1 lbs uncooked bacon
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- Place bacon strips on the lined baking sheets.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar, pepper and chili flakes.
- Spread the sugar mixture over the bacon as evenly as possible.
- Put baking sheets in oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take spoon and spread the liquid that has formed at the bottom of the pan over the bacon.
- Let bake for another 20 minutes.
- Flip bacon strips to ensure that they cook evenly on both sides.
- Bake until bacon is nice and crispy. This should take about another 15-20 minutes.
- Take bacon out of pan and place on cooling rack to let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Don’t have dark brown sugar, don’t worry if you have light brown sugar, that will work too.
- No parchment paper, no worries. You can use aluminum foil instead.
Finally, love to entertain, and this is one of the recipes that we keep making. If you are throwing a party and looking for other great recipes, below is some of our favs.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.