This Passion Fruit Fizz cocktail recipe came to be on a cold Saturday night while dreaming of our next tropical vacation.
To be honest, the real inspiration is the lilikoi foam on to of the Monkeypod Mai Tai. In case you are wondering what lilikoi is, it just the Hawaiian word for passion fruit.
Also, I really enjoy the silkiness that an egg white brings to a cocktail, so decided to add one. And, it’s a great compliment to the sweet and tart flavor of the passion fruit.
Passion Fruit Fizz
- 1 oz Passion Fruit Juice
- 1 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 Egg White
- Crack one fresh egg and add only the white to a clean cocktail shaker.
- Measure the simple syrup and passion fruit juice and add to the shaker.
- Add the correct amount of your favorite unflavored vodka to the shaker as well.
- Place the lid on the shaker and shake for 15 seconds.
- Remove lid and add a generous amount of ice to the shaker.
- Again, place the lid on the shaker and shake for 15 seconds.
- Double strain the contents of the strainer, pouring into your favorite cocktail glass.
You might be a bit nervous about using raw egg in your cocktail. It’s a legitimate concern, especially for folks with a compromised immune system. But, if you are careful and use the freshest possible eggs and store them correctly, there should be no issues.
If you are looking for other great cocktails like this Passion Fruit Fizz, here are a few for you to try out:
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.