This Honey Orange Whisky Refresher is a great summer cocktail. During our visit to the Wayne Gretzky Estates, we had the pleasure of taking a Whisky Cocktail Class. One of the cocktails made during the class was called “The Fuddled Orange 4.5”. Since we like to try to recreate cocktails and dishes that we discover during our travels, obviously we were going to try to re-create this one.
Honey Orange Whisky Refresher
- 1 oz Honey simple syrup
- 1 slice Orange
- 1 oz Fresh lime juice
- 3 leaves Fresh Mint
- 1 oz Whisky
- 1 oz Mild Lager low IBU
- 1 cup Ice cubes
- Drop the orange slice and 2 mint leaves in the shaker.
- Muddle to release the juice and oils.
- Juice fresh limes to obtain 1 ounces of juice. Measure and pour into a shaker.
- Also, pour 1 oz of simple syrup into the shaker.
- Add 1 oz of Whisky (you can add more if you want a stronger cocktail).
- Add ice, place lid on shaker and shake!
- Into a cocktail glass with ice, strain and pour the contents of the shaker into the glass.
- Top with the 1 oz of lager.
- Garnish with mint and enjoy!
When it come to simple syrup, you can definitely purchase some. But, it’s dead easy to make yourself. All you need is equal parts water and sugar (or honey) and a saucepan. Bring everything to a boil and stir until the sugar dissolves. Let cool and it’s ready for use.
Also, if you don’t have a muddler or a cocktail shaker, no problem. All you need is an 8 oz mason jar with a lid and you’re in business. Just follow the steps below.
- Add the simple syrup to the mason jar.
- Squeeze some of the juice from the slice of orange and drop in the jar.
- Add the fresh lime juice to the mix.
- Take 2 mint leaves and crush them in your hand. Then, add them to the jar.
- Pour the Whisky into the jar.
- Add enough ice fill the jar half way.
- Place the lid securely on the jar and shake. Keep shaking until it is almost too cold to hold.
- Open the jar and remove the lid.
- Top with the mild lager.
- Garnish with the remaining mint leaf.
- Enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Finally, if you are looking for other great cocktail recipes like this Whisky Refresher, check out the Cocktails & Drinks section of our blog.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.