Before tasting this cocktail, we had never heard of the calamansi fruit before. For those of you that aren’t familiar, it’s a Filipino citrus fruit. The flavor is somewhere between the sourness of a lime and the sweetness of an orange. The exterior is green, even when ripe and the interior orange.
And, if you don’t happen to be lucky enough to have a calamansi tree in your yard, it can be found in most supermarkets. Or, it can also be found on Amazon.
Calamansi Whisky Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Whisky
- 1.5 oz Calamansi Juice
- 3 oz Ginger Beer
- Measure 1.5 oz of your favorite Whisky and pour in a glass.
- Add 1.5 oz of Calamansi juice to the same glass.
- Stir and add ice.
- Top with approximately 3 oz of ginger beer.
- I prefer a ginger beer that is on the spicier side for this cocktail.
- Also, I prefer to use a single large ice cube, but use what you have.
If you are looking for other great cocktails that you can make at home, check out a few of our favorite below.
Also, if you take your cocktail making seriously, we have a great post about the must have tools for every home bartender. It can be found here.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.