Inspiration for the Violette Squeeze came during a recent trip to Portland, we discovered Crème de Violette liquor. Funny enough, we had never heard of it before but saw it at a few different restaurants there. And, I am obsessed with anything purple. So naturally, I would order any cocktails that might look anything remotely close to that color.
What does Crème de Violette taste like, you ask? The taste profile and aroma are distinctly floral and sweet. In the world of cocktails, Crème de Violette is considered a core ingredient in the Aviation.
Naturally, once back home, we tried to replicate it. After much trial and error, here is the recipe for the Violette Squeeze, our new go-to at home cocktail. It’s very floral with a lemony taste, the perfect drink for the summer months.
Also, we have another recipe made with Crème de Violette, our Violette Sour. It’s not quite as popular as our Violette Squeeze, but just as good.
- 1 1/2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 oz Vodka
- 3 oz Creme de Violette
- 1 oz Simple Syrup
- 8 oz Club Soda
- Lemon Slice for garnish
- Juice fresh lemons to obtain 1 1/2 ounces of lemon juice. Measure and pour into a shaker.
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of your favorite vodka into the shaker. If you prefer Gin, that would work well too.
- Also, pour 1 ounce of simple syrup into the shaker. Add more if you want your cocktail to be sweeter.
- Finally, add 3 ounces of Creme de Violette liquor to the shaker.
- Shake well.
- In your favorite cocktail glass, pour the contents of the shaker.
- Add the Club Soda until the glass is filled. The ingredients listed here are enough for a 16 oz glass.
- Garnish with a lemon slice or anything else that might make it Insta worthy.
If you are looking for more cocktail recipes like the Violette Squeeze, here is a list of our favorites.
Finally, we have learned that to make great cocktails, having the right tools can be very helpful. Click here to read all about the ones that we think every home bartender should have.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.