Who isn’t a fan of Cadbury’s Mini Eggs? So, what could be better than Mini Eggs Buttercream! For those of you not familiar with this candy, you are missing out. The eggs are solid milk chocolate encased in a thin coating of hard candy “shell”, molded to resemble a miniature egg. They used to be only available leading up to Easter, but now, they are in stores year round.
With Easter right around the corner, I thought I would give it a try. I paired this buttercream with my favorite chocolate cake. And, I’m happy to report that it turned out perfectly. Here’s the recipe if you want to try it for yourself. Not only does it look fancy, with little pastel colored specs, it tastes great.
Mini Eggs Buttercream
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 3/4 cups butter softened
- 1 pinch salt if using salted butter omit the salt
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cups Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer and a large bowl, beat together the butter, cream cheese and the powdered sugar at slow speed.
- Add the cream, vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Mix at a low speed, until well combined.
- Increase speed and beat until smooth and whipped. Approximately 2 to 3 minute.
- Add the crushed mini eggs, and stir until incorporated.
- It’s important to make sure that the mini egg pieces are not too big.
Finally, if you are looking for a great chocolate cake recipe, we have one. Click here for our go-to chocolate cake recipe. It pairs perfectly with this mini eggs buttercream! It could also work well with cupcakes. But, if you are going to be using a piping bag and tip, make sure that the mini egg pieces are quite small.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.