Over the years we’ve had the chance to taste many different aloha bars during out trips to Hawaii. Our favorite, by far is the one served at Java Kai in Kapaa, Kauai. The Aloha Bar is the perfect mix of chocolate, chewy coconut and mac nut flavors. And, pairs really well with a good hot cup of coffee.
This recipe is a very easy, quick and practically impossible to mess up. Even for those that claim they can’t bake! Give it a try. You are sure to impress your family and friends.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips milk chocolate or semi-sweet, I prefer semi-sweet
- 2 cups flaked coconut sweetened or not, depending on preferences
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts toasted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Mix together in a small bowl the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter.
- In a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, press the crumb mixture in the bottom ensuring that the whole pan is covered. You don’t need to grease it as the mixture will not stick, but I like to line it with parchment paper to me it easier to remove once done.
- Pour half of the sweetened condensed milk over the crumb mixture, trying to cover as much of it as you can.
- Take other ingredients and sprinkle all over the pan, trying to layer it evenly. Press everything down with a fork.
- Pour the remainder of the sweetened condensed milk over the ingredients.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the bars cool completely. Chill if you want to enjoy faster.
- Cut into desired shape and size.
- Close your eyes and imagine that you are in Hawaii as you take a bite!
This aloha bars recipe calls for sweetened condensed milk. Which is cow’s milk from which water has been removed and sugar added. If you are looking for a non dairy option, sweetened condensed coconut milk is a great alternative. lo
Finally, if you are looking for more sweet treats to try making at home, below is a list of some of our favorites:
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.